Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NV-03: Thanks, Dina, for Making BofA Do Its Job

Below is a special message from Rep. Dina Titus (D-What a Real Promise-keeper Looks Like) on the new Bank of America homeowner assistance center opening here in Henderson. She, Senator Reid, and some good folks in the Legislature all worked to make this happen... And thank goodness they did! It's about damned time that homeowners doing their due diligence to save their homes get the help they need and deserve.

So thanks again, Dina. You're the best! :-)

Dear Andrew Davey,
I wanted to make sure you heard the news that after months of pressuring Bank of America to do more for our community and focus more of their staff and resources in Southern Nevada, Bank of America opened an office in Henderson today.
The office will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and will be staffed with five counselors.  You can call toll-free 877-345-6416 to schedule an appointment with them to discuss your situation.  Please be aware that this site is not designed to handle walk-in traffic and will only meet with homeowners by appointment in an effort to ensure that people bring the proper documents and to minimize waiting time.
I have heard a number of stories from Southern Nevadans who have struggled to get the help they need from Bank of America.  From lost paper work to unreturned calls, folks are frustrated with Bank of America’s efforts, and I share that frustration.  Since I became your representative, I have worked hard to hold Bank of America accountable, urging the bank to do more in Southern Nevada.  I hope that the opening of the first of two offices in Southern Nevada will mark a turning point in its commitment to address the foreclosure crisis in our community.
Please know that I will continue my efforts, from working individually with homeowners facing foreclosure to holding housing workshops, and I will continue to monitor the effectiveness of Bank of America’s actions.  Do not hesitate to contact my district office, 387-4941 if I can be of help.
Sincerely,
Dina Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment