Friday, September 18, 2009

NV-Sen: Progressives for Reid

I signed up. You should, too. Why?

Well, let's face it. Harry Reid isn't perfect. Yep, he votes the wrong way a few times. Sometimes, he doesn't fight strongly enough for what progressives stand for. Before I moved to Nevada, I didn't like him at all.

I guess you can say I'm a reformed "Reid hater". I know that while he occasionally goes off the farm, he's nonetheless a mostly consistent ally of progressive causes. He's fighting for a better health care bill with a good public option and fairer Medicaid reimbursement funds fort Nevada. He's been fighting for important LGBT civil rights bills like The Matthew Shepard Act (hate crimes) and Military Readiness and Enhancement Act (repealing the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" open military service ban). He's working for a good climate and energy bill that will solve the climate crisis and bring more "green collar jobs" to Nevada. Come on, Harry Reid more often than not has our back!

So consider this my penance. While I'll still call out Reid when I think he's wrong, I won't hesitate to praise him when he's right. And if he follows through on his promises to deliver on important matters like health care and climate change, we should have his back to make sure we still have one rational, hard-working Senator to look out for Nevada.

So yes, Erin Neff and ProgressNow Nevada, I'll join you for now and support Harry Reid. If he doesn't deliver, I'll reconsider and put him on notice. But if he does, I'll make sure he gets reelected next year by the strongest margin possible. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment