Monday, September 28, 2009

NV-03: Dina Titus Will Face... Anyone?

Just as quickly as former bank executive John Guedry entered the NV-03 race against Dina Titus, he's now abruptly leaving. Here's the Republican's statement via Steve Sebelius:

“I entered this race to help make our state and nation a better place for my family and future generations of Nevadans. Recent events have compelled me as a father and husband to end my campaign for public office and focus my attention on important issues closer to home.

“I am incredibly honored and grateful for the tremendous support I’ve received during this campaign and I want to thank everyone who has been so involved and helpful.

“I am more confident than ever that the approach being taken by politicians in Washington D.C. is ill-advised and incorrect … it will just need to be another Nevadan to lead the fight to bring commonsense leadership to Congress and argue these important principles for Nevadans.”

Whatever. While there's no way for sure to know why he decided to drop out, it may be because his City National Bank record was all of a sudden being exposed. Come on, he led their grab of $400 million of our tax dollars while he advocated doing nothing about the 78,000 Nevadans losing their homes to foreclosure?

Why am I now not feeling surprised that he dropped out so suddenly?

No comments:

Post a Comment