Friday, September 10, 2010

ZOMG! Remember That Guy Named Rory?

Apparently, Rory Reid still exists. There's been so much time spent on that Senate race (yes, I plead guilty!) and on a number of other hot new "scandals", gossip, and flotsam and jetsam that it's been easy to forget there's also a Gubernatorial election this fall! Well, rumor has it Rory intends to remind us about it again very soon...

Rory Reid’s campaign released a new Web video yesterday featuring the Democrat’s wife speaking about the candidate’s plans to reform education.

Cindy Reid is an English professor at the College of Southern Nevada nad has also worked as a high school teacher.

The 31-second ad on YouTube will likely air on television this fall, according to a press release from the campaign and features references to Reid’s education platform.



Honestly, I like this ad. It finally gets to doing what I've been thinking his campaign has needed to emphasize for some time, which is that GOOD SCHOOLS = GOOD JOBS.

Now if only I can see more details on how exactly Rory intends to make it happen. Apparently he's been fleshing out his budget plan some more in the last few weeks, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now and take some time this weekend to see if I can find what I've so desperately been looking for.

But for now, I guess he's on my good side again. Don't blow it, Rory. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment