Monday, February 8, 2010

Betting on Michelin Stars: Amazing, Awe-inspiring Aureole!

When my father's birthday was approaching in December, I knew I wanted to do something special to celebrate. So what to do? Where to go? What should we eat?

Then all of a sudden, I had an idea. Yes, this was the place. ;-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And quite simply, this is the one of the best restaurants I've ever been in so far! I knew this would be special, but I never expected the spectacle we would find inside. We started off with wine in the bar before moving to the main dining room.

The design inside is just stunning! The wine tower is the centerpiece, and for good reason. There are thousands of fine wines stored inside, and it was fun to watch the "wine angels" climb up and down to retrieve our wine!

Oh, but don't worry... The food is just as stunning as the ambience! My dad and I both ordered the baby iceberg wedge salad with blue cheese and "bacon vinaigrette". I'm obviously not a bacon person, but I very much enjoyed the flavor of everything else... And I'm not even an iceberg person, either! My dad also enjoyed the salad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We constantly received fresh bread service, and all the breads were soft and tasty. The focaccia was my favorite, but the pretzel and baguette were also delectable.

Next up was the main course. My dad ordered the mahi mahi, and he said it was the best seafood he's ever eaten. I did the ricotta ravioli with a light spinach and red bell pepper sauce, and I was blown away by the delicate flavors all working together in harmony.

And finally, dessert! Both my dad and I did the caramelized banana bread pudding. He found it a bit awkward, but still enjoyed it. I, however, was really digging the flavors and the "just right" sweetness. We were also served a complementary dish of petite mini cookies and petit fours, and all tasted wonderful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was one of the best experiences of my life, and I was so glad to treat my father to a spectacular birthday dinner at this marvelous restaurant! And believe it or not, for a big, fancy Charlie Palmer steak place, there were some simply fabulous vegetarian dishes. Oh, and what's even better is that they're now serving $55 prix fixe menu specials... So eating here is more affordable and approachable than ever before!

So what are you waiting for? Wouldn't you like a taste of what makes Las Vegas so amazing? :-D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment