Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ACTION ALERT: Ask Dina Titus (NV-03) to Support Real Health Care Reform

OK, I told you earlier about this snippet of not-so-good news from Dina Titus on health care. I just couldn't believe it when I first saw it. I didn't know whether to be sad or furious.

But then, a light came on in my head. We need to take action. We need to inundate her office with calls and emails until she hears us loudly and clearly on health care!

I just got off the phone with a staffer in Dina's DC office, and I don't know what to think. First off, she gave no explanation on DIna's vote against the part of the health care package presented in her committee. And likewise, she couldn't tell me whether or not Dina will support the final health care package and a strong public option included in it. So really, either Dina Titus actually hasn't made up her mind on this universal health care plan or she's holding her cards closely and doesn't want to reveal to us her strategy.

So now, I propose a homework assignment for all of us. First, call (202) 225-3252 NOW and ask whichever staffer you get for Dina's position on health care, and especially the public option. And if they don't answer you like they didn't answer me, go to her email contact form and write her your questions. I'm about to do that. Let's hammer this home until Dina gives us real answers.

As I said last week, the last thing we need is more money being pulled out of our economy. And let's face it, all the money we waste on craptastic "sick care" isn't stimulating our economy. That money that lines the HMO executives' pockets at our expense can be better used, and our people really deserve better care.

So why won't Dina Titus just say this if some silly Republican tries to revive the old "Dina Taxes" meme that didn't work last year? She shouldn't be afraid to support something that will help us save money and live better lives. Go forth and ask her to truly represent us.

No comments:

Post a Comment