Here are some stories catching my eye this morning.
- Patrick Coolican asks the question no one else dare utter in public: Should Las Vegas embrace "Jersey Shore"? (Sun)
- Nevada casino winnings jumped 3.7% in July... Oh please, oh please, let the good news keep on rolling... (Sun)
- On a more somber note, Renoites remembered 9/11 yesterday at the Great Balloon Race. (RGJ)
- A remembrance ceremony was also held in Carson City for the soldiers lost in last week's brutal IHOP shooting in South Carson. (NV Appeal)
- And finally, who knew my hometown would become triathlete central? No really, Henderson is quickly becoming The Southwest's triathlon hub. (Sun, and results posted at Ironman site)