Happy New Year... Or will it be? Oh, I think so.
Over the next few days, I'll be collecting on my thoughts on what may lie ahead in 2010. Now that we're done looking back in 2009, we can now look forward.
In the mean time, here's what I'm looking forward to in 2010:
- Harry Reid surviving yet another Senate reelection campaign, thanks to a major victory on health care and an improving Nevada economy (as well as the total incompetence of the GOP).
- Continued turbulence in the Governor's race... Already declared one of the most interesting in the country, and this was BEFORE Oscar Goodman jumped into it!
- CityCenter continuing to prove itself as more of the complex opens to the public and the entire project defines its own identity.
- What happens next with the Station Casinos bankruptcy, and whether Boyd Gaming will ultimately conquer (most of) Station.
- Whatever will happen to The Cosmopolitan, Fontainebleau, Echelon, and all the other stalled projects on The Strip.
So what are you thinking about 2010 so far? What do you think will happen to the gaming industry and tourism? And will Nevada ever diversify and allow new industries and new ideas in?
Let's see what happens in the year ahead.