Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wish Me Luck on Friday!

I'll be doing something I haven't done in a long time... I'll be trying a brand new restaurant! Yes, add this to the many delights you're enjoying this week.

So long story short, Mr. ELV reported yesterday that Paymon's Downtown closed. Sorry, but no tears were shed by moi... I've never had better than a mediocre dish at any of the Paymon's I've tried. (Seriously, this is where to go for good Middle Eastern grub.)

And then at last night's Stonewall mixer at The Arts Factory, I learned more about who will be replacing Paymon's. The Arts Factory’s new restaurant will be called “Bar+Bistro”. And since the web site isn’t up yet, let me give you a sneak preview of what’s to come. It’s starting out for lunch Monday through Friday, and it will expand to full dinner service Monday through Saturday. They have plenty of salads and sandwiches on the menu (a no-brainer for lunch service), along with some pastas and meat dishes (probably what will be the more popular dinner choices).

I’m not seeing any booze on the menu, so I guess I’ll have to wait until Friday to see if they have their liquor license yet. The chef/owner was pretty friendly when I met him last night and seemed pretty knowledgeable about good Italian cooking, so I’m cautiously optimistic going into Friday dinner.

So wish me luck on Friday! And if you have any good suggestions of new restaurants for me to try, please let me know. I'm almost always up for something new and exciting! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment