Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nevada Progressive 2.0... And OMG, We're Getting a Spinoff??!!

Yes, my kids. We're shaking things up here at Nevada Progressive.

For one, now that the election is long gone and I have a little more time on my hands, there will be more policy talk here. Aren't you excited??!! Our "10 of '10" series focusing on the other nine big stories of 2010 (you can read the first installment here) will continue, and pretty soon I'll have more thoughts on what to expect next year out of Carson City and DC.

Also, we now have our own official URL: nevadaprogressive.com

Good times, I'm telling you.

Oh, and here's the REALLY big news (!!!) I just have to tell you: I finally mustered the courage to start my own food blog!

Since Nevada Progressive will be more policy wonk oriented (with the occasional political punditry being allowed/snuck in), I figured it will be more appropriate to create another place where we can talk food, and everything from cooking it to eating it to buying it to lusting after it.

So here it is: Bite of Vegas!

Honestly, I'm still nervous about doing this. I don't want to step on the toes of our already awesome local food bloggers, such as John Curtas, Mike Dobranski, Max Jacobson, and Al Mancini. Maybe it will help that I won't try to copy any of them. This will be where I come to share my dining experiences, where you will hopefully feel comfortable to talk with me about your dining experiences, and we can all discuss what we're cooking and what we're buying (at the grocery store).

Hell, maybe we'll even mock those Food Network shows we love to hate (or is it hate to love?) and make bets on who will win "Top Chef"! ;-)

This is a totally new adventure for me, and I hope you'll be joining me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment